Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Derby Day '06

Seeing as it is my last opportunity to enjoy the Spring racing festival before I head back to Auckland, I went with Lauren and her friends to the 'Derby day' races here in Melbourne. I even went to the trouble of buying a special tie just for the occasion. I was a little disappointed with the photographs, mainly because I look like a fat chancho in most of them:

The day was pretty good, Although I was amazed at the drunken revellers all falling over one another and ruining their lovely dresses and suits. I've never seen so many well-dressed people behave so badly!

I'm writing this almost two weeks after the fact, so excuse me if the details are a little hazy, perhaps if I wrote a list in bullet point form?

The Highlights included:

  • Everyone smuggling insane amounts of liquor in every type of vessel possible, we saw people bringing in hollowed out bags of bread, fake crisp packets (with bags of wine inside), eskys...
  • Liberal flashing of naughty bits from almost every girl on the racecourse. This was both a good and a bad thing.
  • The drunken dancing when everyone got back to the apartment. Someday I'll upload the video to Youtube. I promise.
  • The massive headache that forced me into premature retirement at only 7pm.

I'm going to stop writing now because I'm doing the entire day a terrible injustice, for the real scoop, head on over to my photo gallery at:

www.picasaweb.google.com/victor.jones

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home